Wednesday 18 May 2011

What did the postman bring?

The postman brought me a smallish package yesterday and inside there was colour!  Have a look for yourself....





There was colour and the potential of beautiful utility stitches on my Bear's Paw Quilt. 


I started out quilting by machine but two layers of flannel and woollen batting meant I wasn't aware of what lurked at the back - and that is what was there! Great big lurking tucks and folds, which need unpicking before I can go back to my comfort zone of hand quilting in these lovely threads.





I do like the back - the result of another mistake - not ordering quite enough fabric from The Homespun Loft!  Although I have to say that I had considered making a large bear's paw design on the back from the start but then decided I would just stick to one fabric to be quicker!  Hahaha!  More fool me!  I then had to unpick seams, cut up fabric, stitch it up together.  A real 'make do' effort just like a real pioneer.....




So much to learn.....

If you were visiting yesterday you will have seen some baby mystery fruits - greengages and mulberries!  Yum! Yum!  If I remember, I will show you when they are ripe and yummier!


Nicky

3 comments:

  1. Bummer about the folds and tucks:( It's a great quilt and I lvoe the new threads!! Is that the thread Carolyn recommended?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nicky, seems like we have a lot in common!
    Loving your blog, and your garden snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this will be fun to watch you hand quilt this!
    I would rather hand quilt then machine quilt anyday.
    the threads look great, nice colors!!!!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...