Friday 6 May 2011

Sashiko with Susan Briscoe

I went to a course at my LQS with Susan Briscoe in November 2010 learning how to do a few of the beautiful Japanese sashiko stitch designs.

She showed us some examples and helped us draw out our grid and make our stitches.  I was quite pleased with my efforts but drawing the grid means it does take a bit of time to get started with the stitching.



I have a plan for a project I'd like to make for autumn and I bought some beautiful Japanese fabrics from Susan and some threads to make it with.  I need to get beyond the picture in my head and get some sketches on paper.





If you want to know more about sashiko then Susan's website is here! or you could try one of her books:



 Japanese Sashiko Inspirations:
25 Ways To Explore A Traditional Technique













The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook - which I have and will need to refer to before I start my autumn project!






Nicky

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of sashiko! I purchased a book full of Japanese Quilt Blocks and it has several Sashiko designs...so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your samples! I also have the source book - I put post its on all the designs I wanted to do and they were there so long whilst I made the quilt that the pages are still sticky ;o) I'm looking forward to seeing your autumn project ;o) Gorgeous fabrics and threads!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...