Wednesday 11 May 2011

The garden in May!

Lots of new leaves and flowers have come out in the welcoming sunshine of the last couple of weeks.  It is more like summer than spring at the moment.  Or is this the new spring followed by wet summer weather that we have had for the past two years.

I intend to get out and enjoy looking at the garden - so come on out with me....and see what's out there





















The first photo is of aquilegias - but these flowers have many common names, my favourite being Granny's bonnet.  Do you know any other names for them?

The rest of the photos are of Bowles Golden grass (aka Millium effusum Aureum), Veronica (I think), Heuchera Key Lime Pie, Iris sibirica - sorry some I remember,  some I don't!


Nicky

4 comments:

  1. Funnily enough, I got out with my camera at the weekend to photograph some flowers for a similar blog post. It's the first time I've done this and it made me get up really close, and see them in a completely different way. I've just put a Heuchera Key Lime Pie in .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed my walk in your garden. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh....love your garden! How long do your beautiful spring flowers last. They are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I have a very similar Siberian Iris that started blooming yesterday. I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...