Sunday 22 May 2011

Little Birds at the Window

I collected lots of cute bird fabric last year to use for an attic window quilt.  I have not done mitred corners before so thought that should be my next challenge!  This is a new project for this year although I was planning it and buying for it last year.


 Here are my bird fabrics






I teamed them up with some solid fabric to form the window frame,





 and these are my first few blocks





I was only intending to make a smallish quilt with these -  about this size really.  But I think I will make three more blocks like this!  And maybe add a border or two!  That will make a reasonably sized single quilt.



If you've made one of these quilts do tell me what was in your windows...


Nicky,

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the attic window block before, it's neat how it looks 3D almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birds in the attic windows. I've never made this block. Your's looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...