Friday 27 May 2011

Birds at the Window update

I have just cracked on with these blocks and before I knew it I have finished the main part of the quilt top (and have also sewn 25 neck scarves for guide camp taking place this weekend!)





I want to enlarge the quilt a bit with one or maybe two border(s).  Not sure what they will be made with yet but it cannot be the solids I have already used, as I have very little of those left - just enough to add one light strip to the right hand side and one dark strip to the top to finish those edges.

 I have quite a lot of the\ bird fabric left - although that might be better on the back of the quilt.  I was thinking of introducing another solid colour - but which one?  Yellow, fuschia pink.............or something else?  I think you will find out soon as this top wants to be finished not left on the shelf for months like all those others. 





Nicky

2 comments:

  1. wow that looks wonderful!
    The birds just look fantastic. Well done, can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicky that looks really nice- Great use of fabric .

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...