Saturday 21 May 2011

Lonely Star!

Here is another UFO! 


This one is made from recycled fabrics - shirts from charity shops and some new fabric (the lime and green stripe).


 This project ground to a halt when I had to decide whether to applique the star onto a background or try to piece the background in.   I'm leaning towards applique to give it a bit more strength but am open to suggestion...?





I also want to make some small satellite stars to surround this bigger one so it need not be lonely anymore...!  I like asymmetry so the star won't be central but will hopefully be balanced by the litttle stars....oooh I think I'm getting my mojo back on this one!


Do you ever lose your way mid-project and if so how do you get back on track? 


I think this blogging thing is good at getting me to take another look at these projects - seeing the photos on the page somehow gives me a bit of distance and I start seeing solutions rather than the many obstacles.  I even start liking them again!  


That's a good thing - right?!


Nicky

2 comments:

  1. wow Nicky! Where have you been hiding this one? I love it! Ohhhh...I have debating on doing a Lone Star next. This one is fantastic!BTW - I get lost all the time - hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good thing! I would probably applique it, but that is only because I could do a better job.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...