Sunday 15 May 2011

Matroyshka bunting!

I have been busy making my Russian styled bunting.

First of all I took my matroyshka fabric



I cut out scallop shapes which I then backed with polycotton and trimmed with burgundy ricrac braid (from http://www.daisychaindesigns.co.uk/)







Next I cut out some plum coloured felt (from Paper and String)  into an upside down Russian onion dome style shape.  I layered the scallop shapes on top of the felt onion dome shape and sewed the two together. 




Lastly I made binding out of some stash striped fabric matching my colours and attached it to make a string of Russian themed bunting for Christmas.


And there you are  (Вот вам!):








How easy was that - don't know why it took me so long to get on with it.



I also have some Christmas nutcracker fabric which has been waiting for a project....hmmm!  I can see more bunting in the offing!


Told you I was a bit obsessed with bunting?   But why not join in?   Feel free to ask me any bunting related questions you have and I will try to help!


Nicky

4 comments:

  1. Love your bunting!....hope that doesn't sound creepy! What a great idea to place the felt as a backdrop....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the shape of the background. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really yummy. I wish I had somewhere worthy to hang bunting. What a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Nicky, thank you for sharing this link with me...I love seeing what people make from the parcels of supplies I send out...I love your bunting, all the details are great, the shape of the felt and the ric rac trim...gorgeous!
    Happy Sewing!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...