Saturday 30 April 2011

Starry, starry night Quilt...

My eldest is waiting for a Christmas Quilt!  At first she didn't want one but then I started this quilt at a class with Gwen Jones (in 2009, I think) at my LQS and she has asked for it to be hers.  It is all hand pieced so I think it is remarkable that I have come so far with this one.

The irregular octagons are blue and the stars are all scraps in purples, light blues and light yellow.


Backlit it reminds me of stained glass windows!






Here is a close-up


 I have bought the backing fabric and have pieced it together. It has stars (appropriate I thought) and butterflies on it and was on sale - Flutterby Garden by the Buggy Barn.  She approved!




Now before she nags  reminds me too many more times I had better get on with it!

Nicky

13 comments:

  1. Yes! Get on with it...it is lovely! Have you thought about how you will quilt this one? I does look like stained glass....or twinkling stars :) I know what you will be working on this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is amazing and I agree it looks like stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I hope you're linking to this quilt today - it is absolutely stunning - I love those stars against that blue and then the border too. FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! It looks so intricate and like it takes far more patience to piece than I have ever had. Love the photo with the sun streaming through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow thsi quilts really creates an impact, great use of blue and all the colours compliment each other beautifully, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a stunning quilt, I wish I had your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really looks like stars in a nights sky! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clever and effective, it looks fantastic. Must have taken ages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that this is all hand-pieced. You're doing a brilliant job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stars! You have done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...reminds me of stained glass as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...