Thursday 14 April 2011

Here is one I finished earlier!

This is a project I picked up on-line from the Calico Horse at Moda Bakeshop and was trying to finish for Christmas 2010.  Obviously I didn't quite make that deadline but it is ready for 2011!  Yeah!





It uses lots of 2" squares to make a pointillist picture of a Christmas wreath - Seurat would be proud!  You do have to stand back a bit to get the wreath shape but it actually was very easy to do and should not have taken as long as it did.

I changed things a bit by sewing on yo-yos for the berries, instead of using red squares - that's where I got bogged down a bit - suddenly realised I didn't like making loads of those and stitching them on. :)   I also embroidered holly leaves in chain stitch on the wreath but they don't show up much unless you get close.  I may add a few more leaves in a darker green. 




Anyway it looks nice on my lime green wall in the dining room and that's where it will be in December

What are you making for Christmas!

Nicky


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...