Tuesday 26 April 2011

Leaves are lovely

My mother was a keen floral artist and because of this she knew the value of leaves of different shape, size, texture and colour.

So I have always loved leaves in my garden - the colour may generally be green but there are shiny leaves, matt leaves, ribbed leaves, hairy leaves and many more shapes, sizes and colours.  What's more leaves last all season whereas the flowers are there for but a short time.  I find the colours of leaves restful and cool.

New leaves are coming out all over and what better than the delicate shades and textures of the new leaves in Spring with the dancing shadows playing on them!











Come back soon to join me in the garden....

Nicky

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your hosta {it looks like hosta} is already leafing out! Mine are just barely out of the ground....things seem a bit late so far this year around here, tho. Beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...