Tuesday 19 April 2011

Here is another look in my garden....


This week, the above has become this:



and then this:


Oh if only you could smell these lovely azaleas....




Now these are popping up and no slug damage.....yet, but  Hosta Sum and Substance is a bit tougher to chew on and escapes most of the slug depradation!





Puple Magnolia 'Suzanne'




more unfurling ferns - love that!  And a bit hairy too!


pretty in pink!





and Fothergilla major - better known for autumn colour but what about those bottlebrushes!





looking up into an acer - different view point...



I'm loving all these happenings in the garden right now.  It's a bit difficult to keep up with it all!  But I'll try my best.


How's your little Eden right now - is it waking up or going to sleep?


Happy gardening

Nicky

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden pictures. I love the bleeding heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is far more advanced than here in the Cotswolds. I am 900 feet up and still have daffodils out.
    Love you header and name very apt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful plants you have in your garden...and I wish I could smell those azaleas too ;-) Thanks for the top tip about edible flowers! We do sit out and eat on our deck, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Très jolies fleurs! Très originales! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know what we call bleeding hearts in France : "Coeurs de Marie" (Marie's heart). I love them and always have some in our garden, as my daughter's name is marie !

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...