Thursday 21 July 2011

Visiting the Corn Store

Odd-sounding name you might think but I can assure you it is a great place for a visit.


My friend and I like coming to the Corn Store in Pulborough because it is an antique store and they do lunch! 


The location is charming -







View from the old stone bridge crossing the canal.




We like coming to browse the antiques 






We like coming for the friendly service from the delightful Nicky - not me another one!  And the lunch -






We especially like coming for the tea and carrot cake!  Mmmm!






And we always take something home -








Two new necklaces!





A cute red dog with little knobs to hang things from - she loves red, she loves dogs!  I think she likes him!


Now is there a better way to spend a day in the company of your friend?



Nicky

7 comments:

  1. I shall have to remember that little venue when I am next in Sussex. Lunch looks delicious and love that dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good day out. Lunch and antiques. Hard to go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! That carrot cake is making me very hungry! I haven't had breakfast yet and I am certainly not opposed to eating cake for breakfast! Love the dog...too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day with your friend. I love the picturesque setting. Looks like something out of a storybook. The antiques are wonderful and the lunch looks divine. I can't think of a better way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm that cake almost makes me want to do some baking. I did say almost!

    I love days out like this, but sadly opportunities are few where we live now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't we have a grand trip out...............lovely photos of our day !!! xxxx
    Looking forward to our next adventure xxxxxxxxxxx
    It really is the Best carrot cake xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a great place to share the afternoon with a friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...