Sunday 17 July 2011

More Nine Patches and those Churn Dash blocks!





Well I did make a few more of those nine-patches










Here are 12 blocks out of 16 which will make a 4x4 layout.  






Using the other four nine patches I completed 4 churn dash blocks to try out my solids choices against the thirties fabric.   Unlike Julie's quilt I am using the same solids for each Churn Dash.  








And then I added a thin sashing strip with contrasting cornerstone in the same fabrics as the ninepatches.  So far I am liking it!  










I was not sure of the size of Julie's nine patches but I am sure mine are giant-sized compared to hers.  No little lap quilt this after all!  This is one-quarter of the quilt top unless I add a border too.





But I cannot finish without getting more of those solid fabrics - back to Mandy at Simply Solids then...








Nicky




Measurements
block size  14.5" square
quarter quilt size 30" square 
projected quilt size 60" square



Solids are Kona Peridot and Snow from Mandy at Simply Solids
Inspiration from Juliekquilts



Related post More orphan blocks!











8 comments:

  1. That is going to be a very nice quilt SS. Keep it up so that it doesn't become a UFO (I am laughing here - says she the queen of all UFO's). Thanks for directing me to JulieKquilts. Always good to ogle a few more quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Churn Dash! This is a great quilt....combining the churn dash and a nine patch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, Works fine and dandy,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your twist on these blocks!!! More inspiration for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and the green is wonderful and sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look brilliant with the solid green and the narrow sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this very much - my colours too! I must try and use someting other than white for sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing creative work. I appreciated your clothing ideas for DIY. I really love your blog. You always come up with new ideas.

    Thanks for sharing!
    where to get embroidery patches
    where to get Back patches

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...