The answer that vexed me so was ....do nothing! I'd run out of ideas because it was finished already!
Well I did layer, quilt and bind it but essentially it had been complete and as several of you have suggested it is my new table topper.
The big picture
I got the opportunity to use some of those gorgeous new threads in pink, peach and green in that centre square. And the pink and green are stitched around the baskets and the accent sashing. The binding is a pinky stripe cut on the bias. I am posting a bit later this morning as I wanted to stitch it all down at the back and then had to get my photos.
Hope you like these shots of my topper in action - ok not so much action as just being there!
The style of these baskets goes so well with my Art Deco teacups - which I adore and only get out for special friends. The teapot is a silver plated one that belonged to my grandma or possibly my great grandma.
I'm linking up with Quiltstory's Fabric Tuesday, see my sidebar for their button.