Monday 25 July 2011

Empty spools finished!





I just did what Susan said!  I quilted and bound it.  The binding is a pale solid blue from stash which looks nice and quiet and fits in well with the blue print.


All in all one peaceful reflective little quilt that doesn't want to shout about itself!  I loved doing those scrappy spools - great fun!















One little quilt quickly done!  I am liking it now though I have to admit it wasn't love at first sight.


Good practice for the workshop I will be going on in October though I might forget how to do them by then.  




Nicky



Edit: Just linked this post to Quiltstory Fabric Tuesday see my sidebar for their button!  






measurements 
block size 6" finished
quilt size 32" finished


fabrics
Lily and Will 
Kona Ash
John Louden pastel polka dot
Jinny Beyer Palette for backing
blue solid from stash for binding

Scrappy spools block taken from 
Great Scrap-bag Quilts by Jan Halgrimson


quilting 

Big stitch in cream cotton perle
previous posts
http://mrsssewandsow.blogspot.com/2011/07/hexagons-hexalong-hexathon.html
http://mrsssewandsow.blogspot.com/2011/07/empty-spools-update.html









7 comments:

  1. You may well be the only person in the world who actually listens to me!! :-)) The quilt looks lovely. Now you just need a baby to bestow it upon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really great - I love the colour palette!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am counting the finishes SS and I am being put to shame. Well done on a very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute! I have been looking at ideas for a wall hanging for my sewing/quilting space. Now I am torn, because I love your empty spools and I like the warm/cool hst project. Decisions, decisions.
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...