Wednesday 8 June 2011

Utility Stitching - progress but not quite finished..

I have posted about this little quilt here but now I have a bit more progress to share with you.



Last time it looked like this:





Now it looks like this:










I have not completely finished my quilting as yet but I have finished the Amish Wave/Baptist Fan quilting in the border and so have been able to bind this one.  I picked out a different plaid fabric, in similar colours and made my binding on the bias - love checks on the bias, don't you?

I will finish off the quilting in the strips as and when I feel the urge. 


I can tell you that I love big stitch quilting in cotton perle and that I am a big fan of fan quilting!   So thank you Carolyn Forster for another fun workshop!  And I'm looking forward to seeing your new book on Utility Stitching!


Nicky

7 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how prolific you are - and so much hand quilting. It amazes me. I love the fan stitching on this latest production.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nicky! It is fabulous! I love all the stitching...and I am a huge fan of the fan! LOL! The binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful.
    I am using perle cotton to quilt my Tis the season quilt. It's great isn't it

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I'm a big fan of...fans! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I really like this quilt Nicky and no I don't have one like it in my stash but it could be arranged. Love the binding and the big stitch quilting. Which hour of the day do you sleep? How lucky to be having classes with Carolyn Forster - Broken dishes is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the quilting - wow. the fans in the border are wonderful and whee love the binding.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...