Saturday 11 June 2011

A galaxy of stars!

Well I am prone to a bit of exaggeration .... but I cannot call my lone star, lonely star nor in fact lone star anymore so unless you can suggest another name that suits it better then it will be a galaxy of stars...

Here it is with the stars I made previously and found hidden away with my leftover fabric .....






...............and I have every intention of adding  a few more.


As the fabrics are recycled, some from Oxfam and some I bought from Worn & Washed, many are quite faded. 

I considered whether I should include them against the white background but then I thought of the stars in the night sky that you can almost see but not quite as distinctly as others and thought these might just have been on a longer journey....?


Hope you like it

Nicky

7 comments:

  1. I like the faded look and you could use quilting to help the barely there ones stand out a little bit more. It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE. IT. LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really lovely - the colours work so well together!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am liking it more with every star you add.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... That is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the stars really finish the top off well.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you added the stars, just fun!
    can't wait to see more!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...