Saturday 18 June 2011

The end of the Galaxy!

No doom laden post this!  No, indeed not, but a finish instead!  Please excuse my excitement and little joke....




The Front







The Back







I have added more quilty stitchery in those lovely blue and grey colours that I bought recently and I think I have covered sufficient ground to ensure that all stays in place.






The Detail







It is bound in leftover scraps, which doesn't sound very nice but actually I think it looks great.   As it was leftovers this is not bias binding but just straight grain instead.   Must do more scrappy binding! 










I am over the moon about this quilt (heehee) which is my own design and has just sort of evolved as I went along.  I am just so excited - I love it so much!  Have to say using pre-used fabrics makes for a soft cosy feel.




Nearer my year end target - one more UFO down!  Haha!   Maybe I should add a little green man somewhere??


Nicky




This quilt has a history: 


http://mrsssewandsow.blogspot.com/2011/04/lonely-star.html
2   http://mrsssewandsow.blogspot.com/2011/05/lonely-star.html
3   http://mrsssewandsow.blogspot.com/2011/06/galaxy-of-stars.html
4  http://mrsssewandsow.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-galaxy-far-far-awayis-quilt.html



14 comments:

  1. That is stunning. I'd love to know how big it is?

    Teehee, my word verification is "command", so now you've GOT to tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of this world (ooh sorry!). Love the stars that aren't there, if you know what I mean. It's a beautiful quilt - where/what is it destined for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am sure you are "over the moon"! LOL! Really, it is fantastic! I love it! I can't believe you added all those extra stars and got the whole thing quilted so quickly. Absolutely stunning Nicky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely fantastic!!! Did you quilt with the lovely pearl threads from your previous post?
    It really looks wonderful. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be over the moon because it is wonderful. Great hand quilting job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holey Moley! You are so fast!! Amazing! The quilt is wonderful and even looks soft and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has turned out wonderfully. A truly reversible quilt. Stary stary eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be over the moon too! What a wonderful quilt...love the stars, and your hand quilting is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh this is pretty - love the set - and color choices - I love the larger hand quilting - really adds the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, this is stunning. love the colours and the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great. My favourite parts are the front and the scrappy binding. I love the fabrics you used, especially the blue ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That quilt is all in the details. Wonderful! Fabulous! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a fabulous quilt - I love scrappy bindings too

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love this quilt! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...