Friday 10 June 2011

Not So Lonely Star

Yesterday I found some white muslin in my stash which my mother had bought to make a wholecloth quilt I think.  She didn't make it but gave it to me.  I have not thought of making a wholecloth quilt, lovely as they are,  so I finally cut into it to use as my base fabric for this quilt.

I have shown you my lone star which I made quite some time ago from recycled fabrics but then I didn't know quite what to do with it next.  It has lain in a cupboard for many years and I called it lonely star in my previous post and here it is...




Now it is happily mounted in the middle of this white muslin and one other star has joined it.  







I thought I was going to have to make more stars to keep those two company but lo and behold! what was lurking among the leftover pieces?


More stars, which will join these two - why I think I will soon have a whole galaxy!  Watch this space.... 


Nicky


5 comments:

  1. I'm really liking this one - and glad that star is not so lonely now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is fabulous - the star was fabulous before but now it is super fabulous! I love the way the white sets off the dark green outer border of the star. Fantastic, Nicky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! It looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the star looks great on the muslin background. So glad it's not so lonely a star anymore and that more will be joining it. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, It works very good and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...