Monday 27 June 2011

Birds of a feather, flock together!

Well, I now have two bird tops completed to be put together back to back but do you know what?  I cannot decide which is to be the front - can you help me decide?




This one you have seen before, which is using the attic window block 








If you have been following my progress you will know that I have been making birdbath blocks - just a few to go on the back of this quilt.  Well I'm sorry to say I have failed to do just a few....I LOVE this block and soon did this many..








I took Mary and Katie's idea of pink background and Susan's idea of green and it came together just like so... 










So the question is which is the front - attic window or birdbath?






Or is there a third way??


Looking forward to seeing how you cast your vote - the bigger the sample of voters, the better, so any lurkers now is the time to make yourself known, to have your say, to come off the fence...this quilt needs your opinion!








Nicky





8 comments:

  1. Well, I am going to be no help whatsoever. Pink and birds in any combination are a winner for me. They both look so equally delightful and I would love to own that quilt. If I am to be pushed then I would choose the brighter birdbath side as the front but only if I have to be REALLY pushed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I love both tops, I would have to make two tops with plain backs so that I wouldn't have this dilemma again lol.
    Good luck choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. I'm not going to be much help either. Definitely 2 quilts, not one. I couldn't do anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you set your birdbath blocks together. I'm going to have to agree with the previous commenters. You've got two beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are lovely! Why does one have to be the front? If you quilt it with an all over pattern they will both be number #1!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it has to be one quilt then I would use the bird bath as the front as it is the larger pattern. But I'm with everyone else really - TWO quilts. Off you go and make a couple more (more simple) backs then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely agreeing with everyone else - two quilts. Maybe just a block or two of each on the opposite quilt back. Or is that how you ended up with two quilts in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't looked to see what the others said, but I say you have two quilt tops there and now you need two backings.They are both beautiful and I love them both.
    That probably didn't help your decision any at all.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...