Saturday 30 July 2016

I love you bolster

How often do we express our affection for someone with a heart motif?

I did so in 2014 for my youngest daughter with this quilt, pattern by V & Co, which I made with some Oakshott Ruby and Kona White.

 

She has been asking me for a while to make some cushions for her room.  

I have had this bolster cushion for some time and when she suggested making cushions to match her quilt I thought I could use it.



I had some of the Oakshott left and Kona White.   I started by making some 4" wide geese using the no waste method and made the top of the hearts using 2 1/2 " Oakshott squares and small 1 1/2" white squares for each corner.

Then I added some alternate white squares and rectangles to make up the panel to the required size.



The panel was quilted simply by outlining the hearts and stitching down the column.  Then I made it into a tube by adding a zip which stretched the length of the pillow.



I added quilted circles at either end.  And handstitched a double heart in red cotton perle on each one.



I didn't have a clear plan to start but am rather pleased with how it has turned out.




This is my fourteenth finish from my FAL list!   I'll be linking it up at the end of this quarter.  


Here is my original list.




Finish A Long 2016

7 comments:

  1. It's lovely, did she like it? I can't believe you've had 14 finishes and it's still july!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cushion. Your daughter must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bolster turned out darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, it is perfect with the quilt too, and what a sweet set for your daughter! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...