Sunday 17 July 2016

Dala hanging - First Finish of Quarter 3!

In 2011 I received several goodies from Karin (more about that here).

One of them was a lovely printed panel of a punk style Dala horse.  




I had thought it would make a great tote bag as it was printed on canvas.  

But when I started playing with it yesterday it became a wall hanging!  



I quilted a cross hatch in the background by hand in off white cotton perle.  Then I added a frame of stitches round the central panel in dark red and grey.  




There was still a lot of border to quilt and I decided to go with something swirly!








So I did that in dark red, echoed it a bit in dark grey.  I still felt it needed some filling in - so I did that on the machine!  

Finally I added a dark red Oakshott Longshott border and my first of 46 listed projects was finished!




That leaves me 15 to finish each month though much of July has already gone!!  

Better get stitching..... 




I'll be linking this finish up to the Finish-A-Long at the end of the quarter.

Here is my original list.









Finish A Long 2016

5 comments:

  1. What a great start to your list Nicky! I love how this looks! Have you got it hanging somewhere where it can be admired?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love it! Congratulations on your finish, and thank you, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts, for taking part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! A wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...