Tuesday, 5 April 2016

Scraptastic Tuesday - A Fantastic Finish

On Tuesday I quilted the background for my triffid quilt.

I was only partly serious when I started making this quilt from scraps.....

But the response was to keep going from some equally mad people among you.

So I made a scrappy background 

And I finished quilting it....

There was still time to be sensible and just bind this quilted background... But a few people encouraged me to keep on with this crazy project and appliqué on the triffid.

I started with the stem and leaves and finished off the raw edges with a bit of contrast binding.

I just had a big flower head to make and the binding for another finish! 

Last night I fiddled with my plans for the flower head and changed it quite a bit to make it easier for me to stitch on and maybe not so scary!   

And I now it is all bound and finished. 

This is my 12th project from my Finish-a-long list quarter one.  I'm glad to have this one done as it is another heading to my favourite charity Siblings Together.  Hoorah!

For more news about the 100 Quilts for Siblings Together campaign go here!

Linking this finished quilt for Siblings Together to the Link Up as part of the tally towards our 100 quilt target.

Siblings Together Quilt Linky Party

I am linking this quilt to the Finish-A-Long 2016 Quarter One

Finish A Long 2016

This quilt is on my FAL2016 list here


  1. DO it
    Do it
    Do it. It looks fantastic.

  2. This is awesome, love the scrappy look and the wonderful scrappy flower stem.

  3. Just wonderful - love the use of scraps and the end result!

  4. I love this quilt - the binding round the stem and leaves has made such a difference!


Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...