I have been working on a project for Simply Solids - the project - or rather projects are finished - and I am writing the tutorial, not helped by slow internet (there are now four of us in the house) and an overheating laptop !
Plus the demand for a taxi service (we live in a rural area and four miles to nearest rail link - let's not talk about the buses!)
I also have a sore knee - no really I do! Old injury come back to haunt me - it hurts to walk on but if I don't then it really hurts when I do! Got to keep moving - a little!
None of the above helps but I am not going to complain anymore but share my most recent progress on my Double Wedding Ring quilt! Yeah!
The sort of plan....but I'm already deviating from it! The colours are not right BTW I just couldn't be bothered to change those tiny triangles - it seems to be pink, orange, navy, yellow and green so far. Lots of green!
My latest photo! Only added those solid navy arcs since my last post....
But I do have plans...
Not sure if they will all get made but some will....as I am mixing up the style and scale of my arcs I may be satisfied with just one arc of each?!
Trudi, Jude and I are looking for company along the way of our casual, relaxed quiltalong. Care to join us?
You can join with an old project or new! You can join with a big project or a small one - we don't mind! But we will be cheering from the middle of our own projects.
Trudi has started on a big melon variation and I'm mixing up different pickle dish/DWR blocks and who knows what. We have yet to see what Jude has in mind.
But now let us not forget our scraps! I've been using mine to make my arcs what have you been doing?
First our sponsors for this month are:
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes:
- Sew me a Song - a $20 gift certificate
- Massdrop - 2 Mixology Fat Quarter Bundles - so two prizes
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Oakshott Fabrics - 2 Colourshott charm packs, colours 1 -30 and 31 - 57
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne's blog - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button if you like (code is on the sidebar) and invite your friends to join us too.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let Leanne or me know and we will get you sorted.
Just a note, Michael Oakshott gave us an extra charm pack for the winner this week as it's his birthday today. Do consider popping over to Oakshott Fabrics or Oakshott's Shotthrough Blog and leaving him a birthday greeting - he is a generous and enthusiastic sponsor and a lovely person!