Saturday 1 November 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Applique Quilt

Hello and welcome, my name is Nicky and I am entering my applique quilt into the fabulous Blogger's Quilt Festival this year.


AmysCreativeSide.com



I started this quilt when I attended an applique workshop in February 2005!  
It is a pattern by Alma Allen and Cherie Ralston 




 And I finished it this September - it was my oldest UFO and I am thrilled that it is finished and I can enjoy it instead of hiding it at the back of a cupboard.

This quilt has held quite a few challenges for me but with time and practice I have overcome my fears, reluctance, my hesitations and now I have a quilt I can enjoy.

Here is the story of mine in photos....




















I am linking it up to the Blogger's Quilt Festival Applique Quilts section.  Hope you have fun looking at all the lovely quilts !

13 comments:

  1. Your beautiful quilting really brought this one to life Nicky! It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! The most beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its such a gorgeous quilt Nicky, with so much hard work gone in to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is a triumph Nicky, I can well imagine the feeling of relief at the finish line! Good luck.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see this again- really gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see it again, and so happy you entered it. I voted today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is so beautiful, your quilting is just the final beautiful addition. Lovely to see it in the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just gorgeous, and I love the quilting - really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ttat is one beautiful quilt Nicky! Fabulous 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...