Monday 30 September 2013

A visit...

We were away this weekend visiting my husband's family and it just so happened there was a lovely quilting friend in the neighbourhood so I also visited her!

She does a lot of quilting, in fact you could say she quilts prolifically...you know who I mean know don't you!   Well we managed to squeeze in a cup of tea and slice of delicious homemade cake, a studio and fabric cave visit but didn't manage to see all the quilts - frustrating or what.   But I can vouch for the prolific - I've seen it with my own eyes!   And no wonder she is fabulous at quilting feathers.   There are hundreds of them maybe even thousands in thoe quilts.

Thanks so much for your lovely welcome Trudi!  I loved meeting you again and seeing your corner of the world.  

And I took a little something with me as Trudi asked me to make her a cushion at FQ and I thought I really should get it done and deliver it...

We both love green and plants and Trudi wanted hand applique so I thought some leaves might be appropriate.



I had the audacity to machine quilt it in a few swirls and the central panel has a border of one of my favourite fabrics from the DS Chicopee stable which happens to have leaves printed on it.



The back is a bit plainer - a white panel quilted with leaves, a navy panel and a chicopee band hiding the zip with just one hand appliqued leaf on it!

I didn't take a photo but I have stamped a label under that zip band!

You will never guess where it was sitting...yup right here next to Helen's!



And you are wondering where all Trudi's lovely quilts are - would you believe I was so excited about the visit I left my camera in the car which my husband drove away in so I guess you will just have to go and see them yourself!   

18 comments:

  1. Lovely cushion Nicky, very pretty colours. I used to do that all the time but have trained myself to use my phone for pics now. I am still rubbish at it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty cushion and Trudi is indeed exceptionally prolific ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those quilt piles are legendary! fab cushion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cushions-Trudi showed it off on instagram at the weekend. You are very clever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely make! and lucky you, getting in a visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It certainly looked like she was getting her baking queen on on IG, glad you both had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cushions Nicky !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knew there had to be a stamp in there somewhere :) Lovely cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's a beautiful cushion, and perfect for T! I would love to visit T's cave one day! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cushion for a fabulous lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cushion you made is beautiful! It sounds like you had a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my cushion! Thank you again so much, I think another, longer visit is in order! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm lucky in that I've also been in that there fabric cave - my husband had to drag me out! And isn't Trudi a magnificent baker?

    Gorgeous cushion btw x

    ReplyDelete
  14. you'll just have to go back, with camera!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cushion you made. I'm sure Trudi was delighted and it sounds like a fun visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the cushions, both of them, but ....wow......your quilting!
    Do you kind of make up that quilting on your sewing machine freehand and not some sort
    of quilting computerised sewing machine I don't have?


    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful pillow. I like the back as much as the front

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...