Saturday 30 March 2013

Tiptoe through the.....

.....HSTs....with me!?






I have found another block I can make with a charm square and I confess a little bit of trimming!

Cut a 2.5" strip from the charm square and pair with the background strip - in my case some white!   Make into four HSTs.  2 HSTs paired with a white and a print 2.25" square make a tulip style block!  I got two out of each charm.   These little sub-units are 3" square unfinished....




Make four in different prints - I've chosen purple,yellow, green, blue and pink for a bit of a Spring feeling.  

Add a bit of sashing in white with a central square and you get a block called butterfly at the crossroads among other names!  And a quilt like this!






Not sure if I'll follow this layout but I'm definitely loving the spring colours!  



15 comments:

  1. I think that those HSTs would drive me made but I do like your plan. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you on right now? - please can I have some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the butterfly at the crossroads block! Its one of my favourite blocks! Love your mock-up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! You are definitely in the zone! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, just how many charm swaps have you been in?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design- two designs in one, actually! You are on a roll, aren't you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is going to be a lot of trimming! It's a going to be worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Go you tackling some HSTs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I do think you've caught a spring HST bug though - do pass it on, won't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have definitely got a thing with those triangles, Nicky!

    Love the colours, shame the weather isn't Spring like to match.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your springy tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you are having fun with that book! Love the spring colours, hope the real spring is really here too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I'm going in for the rummage! I may be some time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful spring project!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...