Monday 18 March 2013

Don't like mustard...or do I?

It's true I don't like mustard the condiment - only good use for it is in a barbecue sauce or French dressing as far as I'm concerned but I am loving Bella in Mustard!

I bought these two fabrics as my backing fabric for my spools quilt and I love them!  A perfect pair!





And now I have started quilting the spools quilt in a quick (I hope) and simple fashion - in the ditch round half my block and echoing that a few times!  Want it to show just a bit.  It keeps the graphic look of the solids and may even be my first 'modern' quilt....but then the block is as traditional as they come...





Shows up better on the mustard solid backing...



I may quilt at right angles to these lines too....time will tell but I'm hoping for a quick finish.  As stuff is piling up here!  And the Easter hols are coming up way too quickly!


As it is, I have had some company today as my wee girl is feeling poorly and it turns out she has been getting migraines in the last two weeks !  Let's hope the medication keeps those nasty headaches at bay but the puppy is definitely enjoying the attention...though you may not think so here?





22 comments:

  1. I love your fabrics x hoe your invalid feels better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, migraines is so hard to handle. I hope she feels better soon. I am not a fan of yellow but of mustard :) looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mustard and enjoy seeing what others do with it! I hope your "wee girl" gets over her headaches soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilting and I like the mustard backing too. I hope that your girlie feels better soon. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE mustard, I think it's my favourite colour! Hope she is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that last photo! (Hope she feels better soon!) I love the quilting on the spools - is this on your FAL list?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mustard too, its such a great colour but I hate the food version! Those fabrics are gorgeous and I love the quilting, great modern touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome quilt! I sure hope your baby does not have any more nasty headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilting design. But are you sure it's going to be quick? Good luck with a finish soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love mustard especially with navy. Your quilt looks lovely and the photo is sooo sweet. Hope she's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the quilting on your spools!
    I hope your daughter will be able to control those migraines with the right medication.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great backing! Hope Clarissa is better soon and she conquers the migraines.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quilting is looking good On your spools quilt. Poor daughter with migraine. (miserable) but a bonus for the puppy to have her home.
    Hope she is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Old blocks, new fabrics = modern girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope the migraines are banished soon, not caused by the constant whir of your sewing machine are they?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw so sorry youngun's been feeling poorly! I hope she bounces back quickly! Tell her to avert her eyes from that deliciously bright mustard! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think those puppy dog eyes are saying 'rescue me' lol. Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mustard yellow is beautiful....especially paired with cherry red.

    Hope your dear girl feels much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now I've got Boomtown Rats in my head! I saw them at Guildford Civc in 198? But they sang the better known version of the song :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now just given the photo above I wouldn't have said it's my favorite of colors, but I really really do like it paired with the top. I think you have a smashing combo there. Love the quilting too! Of course....

    ReplyDelete
  21. I did not care for mustard fabric until recently. I think it is just one of those colors that the motif really matters!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...