Thursday 21 March 2013

Goosey, goosey...

After much fiddling around I have finished a geese block for Diane in the Modern Stitching Bee!  

I have managed to sneak in a few imposter or HST units but I think the overall look is geese-like!!




Think I'll need to follow the KISS rule for the second one as this took so long to do!

If I were to make another I'd be tempted to paper piece it for greater accuracy - but from a distance with one eye shut, hoping up and down on one leg I don't think it looks too bad!

15 comments:

  1. It is a real eye catching block. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous geese! They must have taken hours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's what I do with my piecing (the jumping up and down bit) - always!! Yes, it qualifies as goosey to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great block! I can recommend the kiss method, I use it often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your block looks great up close, even if I don't squint and hop up and down a kilometre away.
    I think she will appreciate all that work and time you have put into it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is a brilliant block. Nice grey background. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love it! Did you design it yourself? Any chance of a tute?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Looks great from this side of the Irish sea! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful block!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't beat yourself up / put yourself own - its awesome, could even tempt me! ( do you think it could be thangled? Lol )

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a gorgeous block!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU ARE AMAZING! This is just incredible. Well done, N!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...