Tuesday 8 December 2015

Scraptastic Tuesday - the December edition!

 It's nearly Christmas so of course I'm making a totally impromptu quilt!



My clever Siblings Together beemate Mary Emmens has designed a fabulous Welsh blanket quilt pattern.  It is gorgeous and reminds me so much of the doublesided Welsh blankets I fell in love with at the Ardingly Antiques Fair I went to years ago.  I confess I even bought a few.

So when I saw Mary's quilt pattern I just had to volunteer to test it for her.

So although I'm using my stash this project isn't a scrappy one!

But the one on my other design wall is....


These blocks were donated to Siblings Together by another lovely beemate Catherine!

As you can see there are a few still needed to make a quilt - I'm going to copy Catherine, making some really scrappy ones - scrappy coloured bits and backgrounds!



So here is my beginning - sorting out a whole pile of low volume scraps and ironing them flat.  Now I only need to stitch them into long strips and trim to 2 1/2" wide.  Then repeat with the coloured strips!



You know what I've been and will be up to - now it's your turn...





A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
    Please join Leanne at She Can Quilt and I by linking up a blog post or flickr or instagram photo sharing a scrappy project, in progress or finished, or your thoughts on dealing with your scrap mountain:
    • You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
    • One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne at She Can Quilt - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
    • Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect. 
    • Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
    • The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday. 
    • If you have trouble linking up, let me or Leanne know and we will get you sorted.


    2 comments:

    1. I love your new quilt (yes, everyone, she has permission for a new start, even if it was granted retrospectively!) and am looking forward to seeing it finished ;o) Will have to have a think about a scrappy project to link up...

      ReplyDelete
    2. I like both those projects a lot! But if I had to choose I'd probably go with the scrappy one! Love the low volume background. I've got a lot of those kind of scraps! Thanks for hosting Scraptastic Tuesday! It's a lot of fun to visit all the various sites! Happy Holidays! cheers!

      ReplyDelete

    Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...