I have been working on lots of things but not so much of a scrappy nature!
It has been the turn of a UFO, of a more complex nature. It looks sort of scrappy because of all the different fabrics used but I've been working mainly from vintage looking stash.
My large circle blocks are taken from vintage books by Jan Halgrimson, which are out of print now. I love the old blocks she has found and given the briefest of instructions to, not much more that a template really. She is a great lover of scrappy quilts too.
This quilt actually combines two projects - the big circles and an older EPP project. I don't really enjoy EPP that much so I was never going to finish a quilt full of these lovely Rosestar blocks - sorry Clare but I love how they fit into this project. The littlest ones are from Jen Kingwell's Georgetown on my Mind pattern. All have been appliqued down by hand and there has been quite a bit of hand piecing too.
As an antidote to this complexity, and because my scrap bins are still overflowing, I just had to start a new project that is simple and involves mindless stitching. Do you like to work on different levels too!?
Nine patches - is there anything simpler?
I have started delving into a mainly neutrals scrap bin ....time to get more colour I think. All 2 1/2" squares, all nice and easy!
Not sure if these will just be nine patches or the centre of something more complicated!?
Just having a bit of mindless fun.....
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes:
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew me a Song - a $20 gift certificate
- Massdrop - a Mushroom World Fat Quarter Bundle
- Mad About Patchwork - a $30 gift certificate
- Oakshott Fabrics - a Colourshott charm pack of colours 31 - 57
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne's blog - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button if you like (code is on the sidebar) and invite your friends to join us too.
If you have trouble linking up let me or Leanne know and we will get you sorted. I think Leanne has been working with some Liberty (lucky thing) - you can catch her here.