My Hot Cross Bun blocks have got me feeling scrappy happy at the moment! I have made 54 so far...
I love planning the combinations of colours which I have been doing on old pizza bases and stacking them in a pile 20 high! Then when I have had a bit of time I have been chain piecing them together.
My initial plan was to make a quilt 60" square from these 5" finished blocks which would mean making 144 of them! This is a small sample of what I thought it might look like....
But then after a bit of play I thought I might make a large cross with the blocks and fill in with solids....
More play and I thought this might be another great layout - courthouse steps
And then this one
And because I am hopeless at choosing I am now thinking of making all three for the Siblings Together Charity! Solids are already on order.
And I can keep making blocks right? I will need 45+49+45 = 139! I'm feel like I'm winning as that is less than I had originally planned and I get three quilts instead of one!
Now I'm sure Leanne has been up to something scrappy too - I'm loving her courthouse steps blocks which I might just have to make a normal sized scrappy version of!
And now to the important matters!
Here are our February Link sponsors:
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes:
- Oakshott Fabrics - £25 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $20 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - a $25 gift certificate
- Fluffy Sheep Quilting - 1/2 yard by weight of rainbow scraps
- Sew me a Song - a $20 gift certificate
- Massdrop - Sakura fat quarter pack
- Mad About Patchwork - a $30 gift certificate
And here is the February link up - show us what scrappiness you have been up to...