Friday 22 February 2013

Siblings Together And the Bee a Brit Stingy Bee

The Bee a Brit Stingy Bee is making a group quilt for Siblings Together - a charity which provides holiday camps for children who are in care and separated from their siblings!  At the end of camp they get to keep their quilt - though last year several needed persuading that they could take them home!  (I tear up every time I think of that!)

We are making a Scrappy Trip in boyish colours of red, white, blue and grey and the blocks have been rolling in to me and although made from different stashes they go together so well!  I will be putting it together and quilting it - what fun!   I have the best bit I think!





Blocks provided by Helen, Sheila, Janet, Catherine, Colette & Karen



I am thinking of a layout of 25 blocks in a 5x5 grid so we are more than halfway there.   This isn't the final layout of course but every time I put them together I think that can't possibly work - then I take a photo and it does seem to!  

I can see why this quilt design is such a popular one - it seems to work in any and every colour scheme.

Other Siblings Together quilts are to be seen in the Flickr Group here!   There are other Scrappy Trips and lots more.

I am still mulling over the design for one I will be making from this fabric kindly donated by Liz.  If you have any suggestions - I am all ears!  Well not literally you understand!





18 comments:

  1. Lovely to see the blocks coming in, innit :-) S' gonna be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great boy quilt! Good group effort indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great Nicky, it will be a fab quilt!

    Something curvy with that gorgeous fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and the quilt will be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea to make an ST quilt within the bee. Lizzie's fabrics are almost too nice to cut up! How about charm size squares on point with a solid background? Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scrappy trippy! And a wonderful cause. Pretty fabrics...I am always in favor of curves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a great quilt - a lovely thing to do!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant - so pleased there will be some great boy quilts too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be a stunning quilt Nicky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My skates are at the cleaners......does that make sense???? It is on my list to do and will hopefully get it to you soon......I do have a great excuse and will probably use and abuse that excuse for the next number of months to come!!!! Did you guess?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is looking great so far :o) I'm currently waiting for a couple of tops from Rhonda to drop through the door for me to quilt for ST

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a cool idea! A group Sib Tog quilt. How wonderful. It's perfect boy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is looking really good.
    Looks like you scored a spammy comment.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those blocks look great - really good design idea for Soblings Together quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...