Saturday 7 December 2013

Not another hexy quilt!

Just when I was about to get into the swing of making pieced hexies for my hexalong revival someone kept whispering a word in my ear - she might even have written the word several times in emails!

The word was mycelium !   My totally pretentious title for a hexy concoction I put up on the design wall made with some Kona honeycomb pre-cuts and some Sketch which I sadly had to cut into hexies myself!

The reason it has sat there was firstly all those background hexies I had to cut out and also all those hexies I had to stitch together - not the most exciting piecing I have had to do!

But if I'd known I could get most of it done in two days then I probably would have worked on it earlier - so thanks Helen for your persistence!











Only a hanging size and just a flimsy for now but I think I deserve a medal for cutting and piecing all those grey hexies!

Modern quilting is not all a bunch of fun you know - sometimes you have to suffer for your art! 

Now of course she is talking of quilting and a knife edge finish as perversely I'm wanting to keep that uneven edge!  Dear Helen is full of fabulous information but suggests things as if they are easy for everyone!

Oh dear....just as well I'm working on other things!


15 comments:

  1. It was well worth the suffering, it looks so interesting! I shall watch and see what you decide on the edge and the quilting, and only note that she has not steered you wrong yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did this in two days! Are you plugged into a duracell source? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible! I like the uneven edges but then Helen is always right ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go! Fabulous UFO to be. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, but then I am a 1/2" hexie addict!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're unstoppable at the minute! Looks fab, and I love the uneven edges too! Helen is such a clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it (but you know that!) and I love the uneven edges (but you know that, too!) and I'm so pleased you decided to tackle it again! Now...which project shall I plague you about next?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I found this for you! http://welshquilts.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/how-to-sew-traditional-or-knife-edge.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who needs to join a FAL when you have a friend called Helen? Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks fabulous :-) (and I like the uneven edge, but then binding would be quite tricky!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who knew you were making chemical compounds this week... ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...