Sunday 22 December 2013

Dove tales!

Not Dove tails!  I don't do carpentry!

I wanted to make a Christmas Dove - symbol of peace and all that!   

Anyway I drew a shape, cut it out in a Christmas print and stitched it all together.  It worked surprisingly well I thought....





The wings are fused onto felt which I have pinked and stitched on using a couple of old buttons, my longest needle, my thimble and a bit of grippy stuff to pull that needle through all that stuffing and back through going the other way.

A bit of a return to my stitching roots really as when I started sewing I was making soft toys.




20 comments:

  1. Beautiful Nicky!
    Have a lovely Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a clever one. Beautiful dove. Happy Christmas to you and your family. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's very dignified and you're very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Nicky, and that fabric is just perfect. Have a fabulous Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks perfect and you have placed that eye so well in that fabric that it looks like it is beaming. Lovely Nicky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas Dove is absolutely enchanting! The felt adds a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So charming!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Nicky. A few more of those in the world might bring peace.
    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very sweet dove! I love the fussy cutting around his eye and the tip of his wing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A dove from above! (sorry!) It's lovely - well done :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty little dove! Great Christmas decoration! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Och, you need a 5" good doll needle for that kind of caper ;o) Very sweet though

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so lovely! You are a clever duck :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really sweet Nicky, did you fussy cut or was it just luck the way its head turned out?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...