Tuesday 31 December 2013

Hexed again

We had a power cut from early on Christmas Eve till the following Sunday and while I was powerless to stitch by machine I went all hand stitchy! I made these hexies inside hexies ....


What I call whirling stars...


Some kite shaped wedges....



Triangles within....


More stars...


Not sure what to call these...


One triangle within....





Ending up with this many hexies - I can barely fit them all in the photo!




Oh dear since the electricity was re-connected I haven't made a single one! This could end up quite a big quilt if I don't get too distracted......and the one thing I have done since I've had power again is to join the fun on IG thanks to a Christmas present from my family and the best thing is that I have techy  help at hand as my youngest has an iPad and knows how to use it.  (This post was brought to you by IG and iPad ). My IG handle is predictably nickyeglinton - had a great welcome thanks to the lovely quilty crowd!

20 comments:

  1. Your hexies are just wonderful!! Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nicky, that is breathtakingly gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab. Really fab.
    So were you turkeyless on Xmas Day then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Not fun not having any electricity! But your hexies are a wonderful silver lining! Happy new year N! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice hexies! You've made so many of them and each one is so different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You poor thing, you must have been so cold with no electricity, hope you kept warm under quilts.
    Your hexies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous project! So sorry you missed out on electricity though. Happy 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess we'll have to cut your electricity......just so that you finish that quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic! Boy that is one way to cope with a power outage. Maybe I need a power outage here too?
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are amazing hexies, and I have found you on instagram now. Have a wonderful new years and all the best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek on the power loss - so are you spending the compensation on fabric to replenish your stock used on hexies? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set of hexies, glad power has been restored

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow look at all those hexies!! Great to see you on IG too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Nicky! N power, but look what you achieved - beyond gorgeous! I wonder what you could call this quilt??

    ReplyDelete
  15. bloody power cut - what did you do for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are brilliant hexies. No wonder you made so many...that is a long time without electricity. It is good to have you on IG. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  17. They're absolutely fantastic and you made an impressive number while you were without power. Hope you're enjoying IG?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm hexie mad, and LOVE those beautiful hexies of yours!!! What size are they? Did you make the patterns? Wow, super impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...