Thursday 12 December 2013

Another cushion....

It was possibly going to be a bee quilt - this winged square block - but as I didn't pick it in the end I've decided it's a cushion!



I have quilted it a bit and stitched Kantha style in the corners picking up the colours of the fabrics - aqua, yellow and white!

Even less room to sit now!







Edit :  I should have mentioned that the idea of the two colours merging in the centre square came from Amy @ During Quiet Time - you can see her tutorial here.  I may get to make the quilt someday!

Linking up here:



Ms Midge

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the fussy cut centre and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Another great finish! I have a while quilt of these on the go at the minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. These are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved this beautiful block and now I love it even more! The stitching in the corners is a brilliant idea, as is turning it into a cushion rather than leaving it languishing in a basket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love how you've done this- the two colours seem to blend because of the centre. I'm pinning this to remind me to try something similar with a 2 colour print in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely! you can never have enough cushions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving all these fab cushions you're making. This is gorgeous the embroidered circles are a lovely extra touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Nicky I com port let agree with Sarah ⬆

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness that's amazing. I love the aqua-yellow combo. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. The embroidery is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, looks like a cushion to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the cushion queen at the mo! Beautiful. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's gorgeous, I love the colours and the centre block

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cushion Nicky, who needs to sit on chairs anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! Thanks so much for joining in! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...