Saturday 14 December 2013

More on the triangles!

I have been waiting for an order to arrive.  An order of Oakshott!

I needed some Seville, some Sea Lavender, some Palma, some Seville, and some Grape to go with the printed fabrics I was including in the two quilt tops I have been working on.   I am thrilled with these gorgeous colours!

They have now been cut up a bit and have joined the melee in my two quilt tops!

Here is one of them - finished - my Pyramid quilt inspired by Annabella's gorgeous Field Study one!  All the solids are Oakshott and they do lend a sparkle to my quilt, to anything really!







How I loved Annabella's quilt and how I love mine!



There is a bit of progress on the other one but you might have to wait a bit to see - batteries re-charging!

23 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, I wish I could see it in real life as I am sure the Oakshotts add a lot of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous Nicky. No wonder you love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful - I love the variety of colours and the mix of Oakshott and prints, it looks so rich and vibrant. I know I banged my head when you started this earlier in the year but I take that back now - you were right to start it! (But don't go getting any ideas!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. Your choice of oak shots are perfect for the prints. It's very rich and sumptuous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pops of colour. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyy! I love this! And I love your inspiration for it too! Been thinking of one of these a lot late.y too, but not yet, I may get a nasty from a certain person! So a few simple lines here and there and it will be quilted and done! (Sniggers!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt(top)! The Oakshott are perfect in the mix! There seem to be a few Oakshott quilts around these days; maybe I should dig out my own Oakshott quilt and finally finish it?! Very different from yours though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a gorgeous top!! love all the cushion additions to your chair. they are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really lovely! The value placement is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEEEEE Can you hear me squealing from afar? It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is stunning. What has Helen picked next for you to finish? ;) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are like a snowball rolling down hill, picking up steam the farther you go! This quilt is fabulous! Great work.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love triangles! Yours are so lovely. Lots of fabrics to look at

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...