Saturday 5 November 2011

Roamin' in Rome!

I have been here in spirit but not in body for the past few days.


My it's a lot of work getting posts ready to schedule while you are away!   But I have returned now and as you can see by the late timing of this post it is back to irregular and unscheduled posting!


We went to Rome for four nights!  We like a holiday with a bit of sightseeing or should I say we like sightseeing with a bit of holiday!  Rome is a city full of cultural delights, shopping and people watching opportunites!  I got a lot of the first, none of the second and some of the third!


Rome is famous for it's Colosseum, 




it's gladiator's ready to fight to the death....






the Pantheon...


 the Forum...





...and the Vatican City




 It has the Spanish steps....








and the Trevi fountain.....










..... but my son favoured Rome as his choice of holiday destination due to it being one of the locations used in his favourite video game Assassin's Creed!











So we went round Rome looking for sites that Ezio (the main character) climbed into, around and over!  


Could this be the start of a new themed holiday in Rome??  Ezio was here!






and here....








Enjoy!






11 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Looks like you all had a great time - thanks for sharing some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun! I loved Rome, the photos are great takes me right back there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fantastic photos! All the things I would love to see if I went to Rome.
    Love the family photo at the top. What great happy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a brilliant time and saw so much. Hope the feet have now recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Looks like a wonderful visit!! How neat that your son can relate to Rome thru video games-- they're not all that bad. I knew you were planning a trip to rome, but didn't know when-- it sure looked this week like you were posting from home, and Kat had given me the head's up that you'd be away, but i was still so worried that you had not received my package. Glad you did get it and love your photos of Rome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great time - that guy really was the oldest gladiator in town wasn't he!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One way of getting the kids interested in culture, LOL. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home! So glad to hear you had a great time :) Rome is such a wonderful place. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh brings back memories!
    We loved the Pantheon best, did you find the place where all the cats live?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rome is one of my favourite places too...and the coffee and ice cream...mmmm Looked like you enjoyed yourselves

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...