Sunday 27 November 2011

It feels like making fabric!

It truly does!  And here is the fabric I feel I have created by adding texture through Free Motion Quilting on my little machine!


















It started out as a piece of solid Kona Ruby red fabric yesterday.  I was using a pattern from Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Programme and actually it is one of the intermediate/advanced pattern's called Wind stitch.









It is not perfect but I am keen to break free from my little sample squares and unleash my FMQ on my work - I think it is the only way I am going to improve!

I learnt why it is up a level from the beginner patterns we have been doing - I spent a lot of time travelling from one area to another,  I had trouble keeping my lines straight and parallel but hopefullly as you gallop past on a prancing pony you will not notice these mistakes!  Yeeha!  (Oh and do feel free to slap your thigh as you say this)








Now I have the two quilted sides of my next cushion and all I have to do is buy a zip on Monday which will match the red and then the cushion can be put together and finished.  Another UFO shot down!  Bang!


Ah that will feel great !



19 comments:

  1. Oooh-- I love it!! Cool pattern. I love your experimental spirit. That red is so pretty-- the cushion front is beautiful. You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so brave for doing it and well done...it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally nailed it Nicky! Fantastic fmq'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!!! It looks superb, what a turn up for the books xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've truly got the fmq bug! Great cushion! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously love the colour you have chosen - compliments it all so well. Don't know why you think you are a beginner. Looks pretty good to me. Chalk up another UFO on the stable door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a fabulous idea for giving interest to the back without distracting from those great blocks on the front. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely fabulous! I love the swirly design you picked and your skills amaze me! So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful quilting there Nicky!!! I am so behind on my blog reading, but this certainly caught my eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving that colour....and the stitching is fabulous!!!!xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks awesome! :)
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you FMQ queen! You so rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo this looks very cool! and that cushion top, fabulous darling! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks pretty good to me!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks amazing!! I so want to stroke it!! :) How long did that take?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowh! This is IMPRESSIVE. I fear you have left me waaay behind!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...