Wednesday 2 November 2011

Gorgeous fabrics from Seamstar!

I made a dangerous visit to the Seamstar website.  Well it would have been rude not to as they did invite me on their newsletter to have a look! 




Strange that just visiting leads to parcels arriving on your doorstep!













I love these newly arrived prints from Lotta Jansdotter - they are Deep Indigo Moira, Brass Mesh Little Florine, Catalina Moira, Urban Sunrise, Catalina Aneta,  and Little Dusted Plum Florine! I have seen that they are in the UK before the US!  Must say that makes a change!




And am thinking what I can make them.  This is not my usual colour scheme - and I love that too - you are asking where is the green???!   I will add a few solids in the mix and see what other textural prints I have in my stash that will go with them.




So what pattern would you make with these fabrics!  It would need to work with the big patterns as well as the small..I would really love your input here as I am sure you will come up with suggestions I haven't even heard of!


My nightmare is that I will love every idea and want to do them all!





14 comments:

  1. Oh, those fabrics are just beautiful!! I might suggest the Swoon pattern by Camille Roskelky (she and her mom have a fabric line for Moda, the name of which is escaping me at the moment). Are you familiar with it? I'll be curious to see what other suggestions you get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what art you will make out of these! Thanks for your sweet birthday wish :) :)

    Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are lovely, but can't help with suggestions as they are way out of my zone.
    I am sure you will make something fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remembered, the name of their line is Bonnie & Camille. Camille has a blog called "Simplify"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how that happens..I visited fabric rehab and low and behold a parcel turned up!

    I nearly bought these fabrics, but I was in a red mood instead.

    A quilt??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love these fabrics!! Swoon would look great and they'd also make nice bags (smaller print for lining?) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I got a package from Seamstar yesterday too :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh...these are lovely! I don't know....what about a purse or tote?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely something big like Swoon would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty pretty! I love the prints. I'm with Hadley - a Swoon might be good. Or even a D9P on a large scale would be nice - something basic to show off the prints.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicky, really want this line from Santa. Am getting very nervous that I may miss out! Agh! I am glad you love it too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whatever you make it will be gorgeous and another Nicky original!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous fabric - Swoon would be wonderful (it's on my list!) or how about something like http://www.aquiltinglife.com/2011/10/pretty.html or http://hyacinthquiltdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/10/suburban-lattice-secret-garden-quilt.html?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh who needs a pattern right now when you can sit and stroke them for a while! lol Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...