Tuesday 13 January 2015

Scraptastic Tuesday January Linkup



Scraptastic Tuesday



Today is the first Scraptastic Tuesday linkup of 2015!

We still need help in using up those scraps and hope you do too!  So here we are to encourage you in your efforts and indeed my favourite part of this is looking at all the inspiration you provide and the huge range of projects you are working on in a scrappy way!

My own project this week has been to make more progress on my clamshell quilt which has been cut from my healthy collection of charm squares.  

My quilts used to be made from scraps only and I had difficulty cutting into my larger cuts of fabrics.  So I decided to cut charms squares from each new piece of fabric - the balance might have tipped in the other direction now!?

It would be great if I could get the balance just right....

Anyway here is what I started with 


You saw my 'curtains' last week!



And here they are attached to the main panel.....one corner first


And now two






Not that exciting I guess to anyone but me but I have now cut and sorted out the remaining two corners - so who knows next week might have a ta da moment!?

Anyway here are our fantastic sponsors!   


A huge thank you to each of them for the following prizes, which will be awarded randomly:
  • Massdrop - assorted fat quarter pack
And here is where you want to add your links!


An InLinkz Link-up


Now I wonder what Leanne has been up to.....

12 comments:

  1. I love watching this come together, can't wait to see what next week bring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Nicky!

    Loved your creations last year and can't wait to see what you delight us with this year!

    Nora xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and unique idea for a curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your quilt, I finished a scrappy baby quilt and well get back to my big scrappy quilt soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those clamshells! Thanks for a great linkup.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a lot of work in those clamshells...it must be taking forever. Very nice, and impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all kinda live for that ta-da moment right? Its looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Nicky, you have the patience of A Saint! 😇❤️😍👏👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hand stitching, but I'd still have to draw the stitching line on as I don't think I could judge it as well as you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...