Saturday 10 January 2015

I have been keeping a little secret....

But as it is out of the bag now I can show you what it is -  my quilt pattern Lavender Knots published - yes published in Quilt Now! magazine.   I'm in print!

These are my pics taken in the garden before it went for it's photo shoot at the magazine






It will be no surprise if I tell you that I love both Liberty lawn and Oakshott in equal measure, so the chance to work with both sent me over the moon.  I just about bit Katy Jones's arm off at the NEC Quilt Exhibition when we were talking about it!

I thought about the Liberty fabrics I had - lots of blue, grey, pinks and with the theme of English Gardens it didn't take long to draw up a pattern on EQ with a lavender knot garden inspiration.

The gorgeous Oakshott Amalfi (grey), Lilac and Sweet Pea (purple) are the hedges, holding back the abundance of summer Liberty flowers !

Plus there are a few suprises in this garden....golfers, exotic birds, high heeled shoes and even a tiger or two!  



The lovely Michael Oakshott had run out of Amalfi in the UK but had it sent over from India specially!    Can't thank him enough as I think that grey is the perfect choice for this quilt.I quilted it all in  Aurifil#50 with a small floral design and backed it in some Liberty fabric I found in an antique/bric-a-brac shop!   To keep to the luxurious feel the wadding is Dream Orient - a mixture of bamboo, silk, Tencel and cotton - extremely light and would I guess be lovely to quilt by hand though I machine quilted this one.  

A bit more expensive but I would be happy to use it again!

So subscribers are seeing it in the magazine now but others can buy it in the shop from the 15th!   Thanks Katy for the opportunity! 

34 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, it is a beautiful quilt and it is wonderful that it is in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, it's a wonderful quilt. I really like the material in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It's an absolutely beautiful pattern, Nicky! I'm so very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It looks amazing. I love the Liberty/Oaskshot combo! Did you prewash the Oakshot? I heard it shrinks quite a bit. And I totally agree re the loveliness of the Quilters Dream Orient batting. That's my favorite batting by far.

    I would like to buy a digital copy of the magazine but since the pages apparently can't be printed, I won't. If I make a quilt following a pattern from a magazine, I want a print-out for cutting references. I've written their customer service in November but didn't get an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful Nicky! Failsafe combo of fabrics ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know how much I love this quilt but I'm going to tell you again. I. LOVE. THIS. QUILT!!!!! Congratulations on your first (paper) print commission, may there be many more...if you want them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw it already in the magazine this a.m. Congratulations. This might just be my favourite issue so far as so many lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Liberty and Oakshott - it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just spotted it in the mag it looks wonderful! Well done getting such a beautiful spring quilt published.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! How exciting! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool. You're famous! Congrats on a lovely finish

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous quilt Nicky, congratulations on becoming a published quilter :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab quilt for a first 'published' - congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a beauty! But then I expect nothing less from the queen of bed quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its so gorgeous Nicky and even more fabulous that it is in the magazine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! This is gorgeous and very luxurious :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty quilt, I bet it feels gorgeous. Well done! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the beautiful garden you have finished but even more congratulations on being published! WHOOOOOHOOOOO!! So COOL! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats! Somehow I thought you'd been in LP&Q before, obviously I knew you should have been in print ;o)

    So, um, are the golfers in heels?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, Nicky! It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes I saw that, we're in the same issue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats Nicky - it's a beauty! And shouldn't we all have a few luxury quilts?!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!! It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. congratulations you clever thing!
    the quilt looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gosh! Lavender Knots is so pretty. I love the print fabrics and the lavender - together, they're just delectable. Congrats on the magazine publish!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations!! It's beautiful, gorgeous Liberty xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...