I have been out in my garden almost every day in the last month. We are celebrating a significant birthday for my husband this summer and I'm hoping we will be out in the garden to do so, hence all the pottering, digging, planting and weeding I am doing. It is giving me a great tan and I feel fitter - well I would if I wasn't so tired.
Well this is my way of saying that I haven't been up to any sewing to speak of but I'm sure you all have been!
Indeed I will show you some photos I took of quilts that arrived here made for Siblings Together, a charity that reunites children in the UK care system with their brothers and sisters. So many families are broken up when things go wrong and it is hard for the children to keep in touch but so important. Every child that attends the charity's holiday camps receives a quilt! And I am collecting them in my house - it is a great job as you get to see all the splendid work that so many people have contributed to...
These scrappy quilts were donated by Bee Blessed a group of quilters in Northern Ireland who make quilts for charity, and Siblings Together Bee 2; a group of wonderful quilters making just for the charity. Aren't they fabulous scrappy quilts?
I just cannot believe the magnificent generosity of the quilting community - we can all feel proud of it and contribute towards making a more caring society! It's what we do!
So yes it is the second Tuesday of June and that means that the Scraptastic Tuesday link is open. Please share your scrappy projects, in progress or completed or your tips for using or organizing your scraps.
Here are our fabulous Scraptastic Tuesday Sponsors and their buttons, feel free to click through and thank them for their support:
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Studio 39 Fabrics - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Me a Song - $20 gift certificate
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne's blog - She Can Quilt - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- This link is to share with our community about using your scraps, please don't use it to advertise your own products or events.
- You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Leanne know and we will get you sorted.
Lovely quilts. They are very inspiring, especially the Jewel Box one. Thanks for sharing, Nicki. ;^)ReplyDelete
A lovely collection of Siblings Together quilts! Hope the weather behaves itself for your Special Birthday Party 🎉ReplyDelete
Neat quilts! Being in the garden is great, enjoy!ReplyDelete
Apna Showroom Baby Boys and Baby Girl's Woollen Sweaters Designer - awesome - Attractive (Multicolour, 0-3 Months)ReplyDelete
Apna_showroom_Hair clip clutcher for Girls or ladies or women combo (Premium Quality) with desent look
Designer hair clutcher for girls women (12 piece) Premium quality | Apna Showroomwith desent look
Apna Showroom Baby Girls' Plastic Hair Clutcher Clips Combo (Multicolour, Small)-35 Pieceswith desent look
Ladies Bra Combo Pack Cotton Offer for Girls Ladies| Size 32 - Apna_Showroom Designer - Fancy - Attractive
Apna Showroom Socks for 2-3 Years Boys or Girls Combo Pack (12 Piece) - Designer - Fancy - Attractive
Apna Showroom - Designer Fancy Cotton Baby Socks for 2-5 Years Combo Girls or Boys with desent Look - Designer - Fancy - Attractive