It's the second Tuesday (oops Wednesday for me) of February and that means that the Scraptastic Tuesday link is open. Hope you had a Happy Valentines Day!
I have been working with some scraps belonging to other people as well as my own to make quilts for the charity I have been supporting for several years now: Siblings Together. The charity runs holiday camps and weekend activities to keep children in the UK Care System in touch with their siblings,as they are often placed apart from each other.
I have been asking for blocks from two bees as I'm twice Queen Bee this month and have also asked the wonderful quilting community at large to join in. I am looking to make several versions of this quilt.
In typical TV show fashion here is one I made earlier:
Several blocks have been coming in and a second top is already stitched together in warm colours - red, orange, yellow and a dash of pink.
Tomorrow I could be putting number three together. If you feel like joining in there are instructions on making the two different blocks that make this quilt here
So that's what I'm up to this month - please share your scrappy projects, in progress or completed or your tips for using or organizing your scraps.
Here are our fabulous Scraptastic Tuesday Sponsors and their buttons, feel free to click through and thank them for their support:
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Studio 39 Fabrics - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Me a Song - $20 gift certificate
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne's blog - She Can Quilt - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- This link is to share with our community about using your scraps, please don't use it to advertise your own products or events.
- You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Leanne know and we will get you sorted.