Oops I sort of got caught out today! How could I forget ....but it is still #scraptastictuesday!
I have been busy joining up with my lovely friends @archiewonderdog and @ochil_lynz in their #christmascushionalong. I am hoping to give every cushion in the house a Christmas makeover as a subtle sort of Christmas decoration...well maybe not that subtle! I also want cushions to match my #nordikquilt.
I made a teeny little 4.5" tree block in my Nordik quilt and there wasn't a great colour contrast so I thought I should have another go. So I drew up some colour options on EQ...
And went with this @karenlewistextiles scrappy version....in a much bigger size. I am not a huge fan of paper piecing but really quite enjoyed this.
And here it is quilted, by hand with cotton perle, and the cushion finished.
Check out my IG feed @nickyeglinton if you want to see more cushions - three are finished and one more to complete (though I may have to make some others)
So onto buiness.....
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Studio 39 Fabrics - $25 gift certificate
- Karen Lewis Textiles - scrap pack
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Simply Solids - £20 (20 pound) gift certificate
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Fluffy Sheep Quilting - a €20 (20 Euro) gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne's blog - She Can Quilt - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- This link is to share with our community about using your scraps, please don't use it to advertise your own products or events.
- You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.