Tuesday 12 May 2015

Spcraptastic Tuesday - the May Link up



I have been busy making lots of quilts for #siblingstogether recently.  The deadline approaches - we are making for camps starting in July!

I received some fabric and orphan blocks from @janesquilts - a donation for #siblingstogether.  

I just needed to think of a design.   

I love my design wall - it just beats a bed or floor for laying things out on!  No pets on it for one thing and no need to clear it away.

I can leave fabric up there until a design comes to mind which I feel is even more important with scraps!  It didn't disappoint with this project.

This is what they looked like when I received them.





Hmm wonder how they are going to play together...?



And after a bit of playing it started to work....even with another project underneath to begin with!








This is how this project looks like now!  Completed top ready for basting...






Could be one of my favourites - probably because it was so unexpected!


Is it a Christmas quilt?  It has a flavour of Christmas for sure, but I'm hoping whoever receives it, doesn't think it is just for Christmas!

Now what have you been up to?  It's time for you to link up and share your scrappy projects to inspire us all.







A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes:


  • Massdrop - a pack of 100 Red Wonder Clips

Please join Leanne from She Can Quilt and I by linking up a blog post or flickr or instagram photo sharing a scrappy project, in progress or finished, or your thoughts on dealing with your scrap mountain:
  • You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
  • One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne's blog - She Can Quilt  - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
  • Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect. 
  • Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button if you like (code is on the sidebar) and invite your friends to join us too. 
  • The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST(Canadian Time). We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
  • If you have trouble linking up let me or Leanne know and we will get you sorted.


15 comments:

  1. So clever of you to come up with this design from those scraps. I wouldn't have been so imaginative. I don't expect a child will think it's just for Christmas - sounds like it's a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing to see that quilt evolved - I think you've just sold me a design wall! This is a fantastic quilt and I'm sure it will be much loved every day of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. some lovely finishes for your siblings quilts.
    Love how this one has progressed through your 'thinking' stages.
    Well done it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a Wonder Woman with scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you can transform orphans into a beautiful medallion! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. itis amazing what wonderful quilts can be made from scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt top!!! It's beautiful! You ARE amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what's on your design wall! Very springy and fun looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the orphan block quilt is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing, I don't see how you "saw" that quilt in the orphans. Did you unpick the pinwheels? And the checkerboard border is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you have made loads of ST quilts, but this one might be my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know you have made loads of ST quilts, but this one might be my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Does look kind of Christmas-y to me, but not overly so, if that makes sense? Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...