Monday 30 March 2015

Hexy Big Balls is all finished!I

I started Big Hexy Balls in August 2013.  I was working on it again at the beginning of the month - unpicking some bad quilting and quilting it up differently. 

It went well and I thought I had finished it - or maybe not! 








I sat on it for a while and then I just decided it was finished and I should bind it after all.  

It was all going to be bound in Kona Ocean just like the background.   Then I decided to add a little detail where the hexies met the binding....





It was fiddly but I think it worked well enough.  It adds another bit of interest to a fairly minimalist quilt.



I was all set to finish off the binding by hand but I just thought how boring that would be.  So I finished it off by top stitching it on the machine.

And now it is all finished indeed...






Another UFO bites the dust!  This is one from my FAL 2015 list for Quarter One 




and I'm linking it up 



2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

11 comments:

  1. It looks great, the binding detail is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I too like how you did the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just a machine Mrs S&S!
    I need to draw breath just thinking about your speedy creativity. Fabulous quilt(s), as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, great binding, and another fab finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so neat, congratulations on the finish. Great idea with the binding.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for another finish! Perfect matched binding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love all that quilting and the bits of colour in the binding are a fantastic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilting and that binding detail is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE how you did that binding!!! It adds so much!! It is a great quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful use of hexies!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...