Tuesday 14 October 2014

ScraptasticTuesday - the link up!



Yes the day has arrived when you can link up all your creative scrappy work! 

Leanne and I want to see it all so take photos and write your blog post it doesn't have to be long....

You can link up about a scrappy project you have made already and want to share, or one you are planning; one you are just finishing, or still working on; or some tips about using, storing, controlling or collecting your mountain of scraps. 

Let's share inspiration and tips and maybe we can all learn something and make something pretty and useful !

Just one link per person please - you can save other information and projects for another month. 

You should be able to link to the same linky party from either my blog or Leanne's but it is my first time so I'm a novice and who knows what will happen?

We have rounded up some fantastic sponsors for our first link up. A huge thank you to each of them for the following prizes, which will be awarded randomly:





The link up will normally be open for just one week but as this is the first time we are allowing you an extra week - so there is lots of time to join in.  The winners will be announced shortly after the link up closes


Now what did I get up to this week...

Well there were scrappy bee blocks, including some log cabins for Catherine in  Bee a Brit Stingy




And Scrappy Trip blocks for Sonia in Siblings Together Quilting Bee using the very generous Bonnie Hunter's tutorial



And a few more Scraptastic sampler blocks too  - here is my photo of Group 1 



And a close up of my 15" Card Trick block



And a close up of the 9" Greek Square block - ok a churndash by another name but this variation is pleasingly quite different looking, don't you think?!  The blue one works better I think as a typical Greek Square.



What unites my Group 1 blocks is that they have elements of a churndash in them....

15" Card Trick Block
four 5.5" HSTs - made from 6" squares
one 5.5" X block in the middle  - made from 5" square and trimmed
four 5.5" - don't know what to call them but half HSTs ? - made from 5" and 6" squares and trimmed very carefully!

9" Greek Squares
four 3.5 " HSTs - made from 4" squares
one 3.5" central square
four half rectangle units - each one made from two 2" x 3.5" rectangles 

If you are having difficulty linking up the most likely thing (so Leanne tells me)  is that after you put in the url of your post/photo, you need to move to the next line before the program connects to the site.



9 comments:

  1. Love the card trick block. I haven't made one of those in years, but lately I have been thinking about it. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks, I need to find a moment to catch up with you, as they are beautiful. Lovely bee blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun linky party! I'm hoping it inspires me to keep digging into my scrap bin!! And your card trick reminds me of my first quilt...one of the first blocks I learned to make. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoying the new linky party! Such fun and colorful scrappy projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colourful work and how you aren't afraid to put together unexpected fabric combinations! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the latest additions to your Scraptastic Sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely scraps. I've added my link

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blocks and possibly I can see a modern sampler quilt on the horizon for me next year! Pleased to see the Scrappy Trip block - must post my almost finished quilt top made using the Bonnie Hunter instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting. It is great source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...