Tuesday 21 October 2014

Scraptastic Tuesday - Keep on Linking!

One more week to link up and then we can start handing out the prizes!  I must say Leanne and I have been pleased to see so many people linking up already and to see what a range of exciting scrap projects you have on the go!  Maybe we are not alone in having scrap mountain after all!

In the meantime I have been busy making a few more sampler blocks....

These are my group two blocks - lots of nice and easy squares and rectangles!





9" Two by Two - eight 2.75" x 5" rectangles - four from background fabric



8" Four by Two/Rail Fence  - sixteen 1.5" x 4.5" rectangles 



12" Susannah - sixteen 3.5" squares: of which four are background and four are used to form the triangles surrounding the 1 central 6.5" square 



15" and 10" Flying Squares -




15" - five 3.5" squares, four 3.5" x 6.5" rectangles, four 3.5" x 9.5" rectangles.  
10" - five 2.5" squares, four 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles, four 2.5" x 6.5" rectangles.

This block has a partial seam in it but that is so easy you will wonder why people worry about it!  

Join a square to one end of the shorter rectangle and join this unit in turn to the longer rectangle.   Do this four times.  

Take the central fussy cut square and line it up with one of the squares in your rectangle units.  Stitch no more than half the seam - you will finish that seam off at the end. 

 In the diagram you are stitching between the arrows



Now work around the central square adding the rectangle units as in the diagram..



When the fourth unit has been added there is one final seam to finish.   The one you started with though it is now longer of course.  Complete this seam and say after me 'Partial seams are easy - I don't know what the fuss is about!'  


I do like this block a lot and even got around to mocking up a quilt or two on EQ - might choose this for my Siblings Together block next month!  We do like big easy blocks....think this qualifies.





Don't forget you can still link up to last Tuesday's post to win prizes! And Leanne is sharing some of her quilts made from scraps - be sure to have a look.

And feel free to let us know if there is anything you would like to know about working with scraps...? Or anything you would like to share...?

So have a Happy Scrappy week folks!



9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've had lots of interest. Working towards next month ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this Scraptastic Tuesday idea. You pushed me to write about scraps on my own blog today. Thanks for starting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to link yesterday's post. Must go back and do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! I think we're going to have a scrap swap in work - can't wait! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to the Little Blessings quilt shop in Tennessee and they bottles filled with scrap pieces that were BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun blocks for using up scraps. My supply of scrap pieces never seems to run out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dancing hedgehog in the centre of the first block!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...